Load time of website is one of the most important factor affecting it’s usability. Most of the visitor will leave the page if the site takes more than 2 seconds to load, therefore it becomes primary job to check the load time of the website. There are few steps which should be considered in order to improve the load time of the website.
1) Optimize images: Should always use the “Save for the web” feature included on image editing software. Images represent the heavier load on virtually any website so make sure you are optimizing them.
2) Image formats: It is very important to check the format of the images along with optimizing images. JPEG & GIF are the two formats which is the best to use as image format.
3) Optimize CSS: Most of the websites are CSS optimized. Make sure to aggregate and clean your CSS.
4) Use the width and height tags : Many people forget to add the Height and Width tags on image codes. Those tags will make sure that the browser knows the size of the image before loading it.
5) Reduce the HTTP requests: When opening a web page every object (images, scripts and the line) will require a round trip to the server. This latency can add several seconds to the load time of your site.